The Crozet Volunteer Fire Department (CVFD) is requesting quotes for snow removal around the CVFD and Firehouse Lane (between Three Notched Road and the entrance to the CVFD lot). The CVFD must be available to respond to emergency calls twenty-four (24) hours a day. Keeping the paved and concrete areas safe for members access or exiting the facility is a priority.
Quotes must be submitted by a licensed company and e-mailed to Battalion Chief Rowland (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, Nov. 22 at 5 p.m.
- Requirements: Contractor to supply all labor, snowplows, front-end loaders, dump trucks, shovels, snow blowers, ice melt, salt, salt spreaders (hand & truck), and safety equipment needed to complete the work. Salt or ice melt can be stored at CVFD with permission of the Facilities Manager.
- Snowfall: Plowing and salting of all paved areas, entrances, and clearing/de-icing of all walkways during storms, to permit access and movement of personnel if snowfall of at least 2’’occurs. It is the Contractor’s responsibility to return to the property to keep the entrances, drive aisles, and sidewalks free from ice and snow. At no time shall there be a hazardous/life safety condition.
- Slippery Conditions Anytime: When surfaces are slippery and/or temperatures are at or below freezing, the contractor is responsible for applying ice melt, which must be spread on sidewalks and walkways and salt must be spread onto all the parking lot areas. Contractor may only use ice melt types approved by CVFD in order to reduce costs and to reduce impact on masonry and landscaping.
- Approved Areas: Contractor will pile snow in areas approved by the Facilities Manager. This must be accomplished by blocking minimum parking spots.
- Additional Salting/De-icing and Shoveling: As requested by Facilities Manager, contractor may be asked to provide additional salting, de-icing, and/or shoveling on property. This would be in addition to the normal storm accumulations specifications and should be considered to cover the same areas but only when requested by the Facilities Manager. This request would be required to be fulfilled within 2 hours of the Facilities Manager’s call. The contractor will charge CVFD a set hourly rate for this service.
- Emergency Contact: Contractor shall provide emergency telephone numbers that may be called anytime, 24 hours a day, and seven days a week. Contractor will respond within one hour to any call made by facility manager for snow removal services.